The CareBright 24 hour care support system allows either you or a loved one to remain living independently at home in a safe comfortable environment. Our live in care is provided by carers that are Fetac Level 5 Accredited, Garda Vetted,reference checked and fully insured. Our carers will remain in the home for the scheduled time (including overnight care) and will require their own bedroom; this will ensure privacy for everyone. We provide carers that will work in rotation for your required needs.
Why would you choose live in care?
Live in care is suitable if you or a loved one wish to continue with your daily routine, within your own surroundings and would like assistance with the activities of daily living. We can provide the 24 hour care and support you need in a supportive manner which complements your daily routine.
Live in care will provide peace of mind to both you and a loved one, with the addition of security and companionship. There is no emotional stress of leaving your home that has been your sanctuary for many years. You or a family member can remain living within your own community attending social events, visiting local shops and places of religious service.
Live in care for you:
- Our Care Manager will visit to assess and plan the care and support required.
- We will complete an individual care plan and will then identify a CareBright carer who will assist you to meet your identified needs.
- We are mindful that the carer in your home will be compatible with your identified needs.
This 24 hour care support system can be flexible:
- Short term: 3-4 weeks
- Long term: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Live in Care: care can be arranged for either weekdays only or weekends.
- Live in Care: care will reduce any stress on either you or family members, the routine tasks will be carried our by our carers allowing both you and your family to enjoy daily life.
- The daily routine of you and your family will not be changed and we will provide the assistance required in maintaining this routine.
- This 24 hour care support will allow you or a loved one to maintain your confidence and self-esteem while living in the environment you love and know.
The following duties can be preformed in the home:
- Assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene and guidance with dressing, grooming and clothes selection
- Meal preparation and planning, including special dietary requirements and awareness of nutritional needs. Monitoring of diet and advance preparation of snacks and meals, rotation of food store e.g. fridge and mealtime supervision
- Prompting with prescribed daily medication
- Mobility assistance, transferring and positioning with hoist if appropriate
- Encouraging regular exercise, walking, and leg exercise
- Continence management, provision of catheter care
- Ensuring that skin, hair and oral hygiene and foot care is maintained
- Light housekeeping duties to include: cleaning bathrooms, kitchen, sitting room and bedroom, hoovering, sweeping and washing all floors and surfaces, organising all laundry, ironing, setting and lighting the fire, this list is not exhaustive
- Grocery shopping, writing out shopping lists and support with managing household bills
- Errand Services: Our carers can run errands for collection of shopping, post, medication etc.
- Accompany to religious services and social events
- Conversation, reassurance and companionship, encouragement to reminisce about life stories
- Recreational activities, our carer can assist with mind stimulation through activities and games
- Assistance with caring for your pet, e.g. dog walking
- Preparation for day-care services