At CareBright, we understand the challenges involved in caring for a loved one with a dementia related condition. We can assist you to allow your loved one to remain in the familiar surroundings of their own home with additional support from our carers.
Dementia is a medical condition, arising from a number of different causes. Latest research by Trinity College and NUI, Galway published in January 2012 reveals that in Ireland we currently have 41,700 people with dementia related conditions, most of whom live at home. 4,000 new cases of dementia arise in Ireland each year.
Dementia impacts on daily activities and social relationships and usually runs a progressive course. At CareBright our Care Managers have experience of caring for clients with dementia. We are committed to providing a therapeutic approach to care; delivered through a dementia specific care plan, enhanced by our dedicated team of carers.
Dementia Care – personal care
Choosing care assistance for someone with dementia can be difficult. We can assist you in this process. We will consult with you to determine and assess the unique needs of your loved one. We will design a specific care plan for your loved one. This model of care is supported by the principles of best practice as developed by disability services in St. James Hospital, Dublin. Our Care Managers will continuously review each clients situation as the condition progresses.
Our in-house training manager can also provide training in dementia related care for all family members.
The following duties can be performed in the home:
- Our carers will provide a safe and comfortable environment for your loved ones protection
- Personal care – assistance with bathing, showering, personal hygiene and guidance with dressing and clothes selection
- Meal Preparation and planning, including special dietary requirements and awareness of nutritional needs. Monitoring of diet and advance preparation of snacks and meals, rotation of food store e.g. fridge and mealtime supervision
- Recreational activities, we will help with mind stimulation games, conversation and companionship
- Prompting with prescribed daily medication
- Elderly care assistance
- Mobility Assistance
- Light Housekeeping duties to include: cleaning bathrooms, kitchen, sitting room and bedroom, hoovering, sweeping and washing all floors and surfaces, organising all laundry, ironing, setting and lighting the fire
- Continence management
- Medication prompting with prescribed medication
- Mobility assistance
- Light housekeeping duties to include:cleaning bathrooms,kitchen,sitting room and bedroom,hovering,sweeping etc
- This list is not exhaustive